Sunday, May 31, 2015

CHICKIES!!!!!


The feed store was getting their last delivery of baby chicks on Friday.  But I was scheduled to be in Ella's class doing art!  What to do!?!?!  COLBY TO THE RESCUE!  He picked out the best three chicks they had.  I mean, CLEARLY.  Look at these babes.   Above is when Gretchen saw them for the first time after school on Friday.  AwwwwWWWWwwwwwWWW!!!!

Right now they're named Chicken Nugget (formerly "Marky"), Hello Chicky, and Brownie*. 

*Names subject to change at a moments notice. 



We have to keep them away from Duke (who we are babysitting for Uncle Aaron for three more weeks).  He wants to eat them.  EAT THEM SO BAD.

We also have to keep them away from Russia, our comrade kitten.  She wants to STALK AND HUNT THEM SO BAD.


So for now they live in a big Rubbermaid container in the girl's tub.  Under a heat lamp.  With the shower door and the bathroom door closed AT ALL TIMES.


Because even though one's named Chicken Nugget, we don't really mean it...


Their feet are creepy, FYI, and may make you freak out a little bit. But get over it.  Cause they're so FREAKIN' CUTE!!!!


 Kiss!  Mwah!


  Creepy feet, cute face!  Awwwww!


Gretchen is super into "posing" them.  She kept trying to get this one to pose for a portrait amongst the flowers.  I'd already shut down the idea of posing in the fairy village (too far for chicky to fall) and she wouldn't stay still enough to pose in the flower pots....  CHICKY, BEHAVE!!!!


 Pretty much the best picture ever taken, right?  I KNOW!  CHICKIES!!!!

Oh yeah, and did you see Gretchen in her soccer uniform?  She had her last game yesterday.  She rocked it.  But she also hates it.  So she says.  (She says that about a lot of stuff, we'll see how she really feels when next season rolls around.  I'd bet she wants to join again.....)


And my dream of summer marshmellow roasting came true, friends.  Gretchen and I ran to Home Depot yesterday and bought a $20 galvanized metal tub..  Then we said, "That's our fire pit!"  Then we made a fire in it.  Then our friends came over and made smores with us.  AMAZING.  The backyard sort of smells like camping now, so hopefully our neighbors don't hate us.  AHHH SUMMER!!!  It's amazing!  I can't wait for the rest of it!  Except I sort of can, cause summer gives me serious anxiety (balancing work and chllins and chickies and trips out of town.... OVERLOAD!)  But I have a plan this year.  Only two road trips.  Passes to the water park.  And I will know my limits.  I WILL!  Ack!  When things get stre3ssful, I can just hold a chicken in the chair swing and it will all be ok. 

No comments: