Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And Stop With The Singing!

Ella is slooooowly getting used to her new schedule. Yes, the schedule that makes her wake up at 6:30 in the morning. FOR KINDERGARTEN. I know. But she gets to wear a uniform, so that kind of makes up for it. But it does not, however, make up for the 20 new gray hairs I have from dealing with The Crankiest Four Year Old EVER. (Seriously? Are you really throwing a temper tantrum in public? YOU ARE FOUR. And I am not afraid to spank you! Just ask Uncle Shea. He totally saw The Legendary Fit at The Legends Shopping Experience.)

So we've been trying to take it slow and not plan as much after-school fun. Yesterday, after a post school tantrum BEFORE WE EVEN GOT IN THE CAR, she was sentenced to 20 minutes in Time Out, no TV, and an afternoon nap (where she did not sleep, but did ask me for a snack, drink and movie about 300 times). But today she was reasonably well behaved. Meaning she slowly stopped whining after I threatened to put her in time out, take away TV, and force nap time again. She asked if we could to go Target. Because that's her favorite place in the world. (Can you blame her? It's one of my favorite places too. Mmmmmm, consumerism....) Since both the girls were behaving, and I am in desperate need of contact solution, we went. Ella got a treat. Gretchen enjoyed trying on sunglasses. I found a summer outfit on clearance for Ella for next year's clothes stash. Our tentative foray into public was a mild success. I think we may even attempt the library again one day.

The Story Of Us In The Car:
ME: (Singing loudly and badly to that stupid Kidz Bop CD that came in Ella's happy meal a few months ago.)
Ella: Can you please stop singing Mom?
Me: No. ...la la la..And I'm gunna miss you like a child misses her blankie, but I have to move on with MY live... la la la la (seriously? This song sucks.)
Ella: Mom, STOP SINGING.
Me: You're going to hurt my feelings, honey. (sings crappy song louder)
Ella: Mom, you're hurting MY feelings with your singing!
Me: Guess what, it's my car and I can sing if I want.
Ella: Fine, you can sing till this song is over, and then no more.
Me: Should I turn around and NOT go to Target?
Ella: Fine. You can keep singing.

Ha ha, I win.

BTW, you're totally invited to Ella's birthday party.



Nope, nothing creepy about this image!

2 comments:

Angel said...

LOVE IT!!! btw did you see the new moon trailer? eeeeepp! can't wait

luckyboy22 said...

AAAAH-my eyes!! that pirate picture of Gretchen is just not right Apryl. Take it down, take it down!