Sunday, January 10, 2010

In Their Natural State

So, we're kind of having a problem. Gretchen can crawl out of her crib. And I'll be sitting, enjoying "Kid Free Time", thinking everything is wonderful and my baby is sleeping soundly. But actually Gretchen will be covering herself with diaper cream. Or talking to the birds out the window. Or screaming, "AIRPLANE! Mom. AIRPLANE!" Which is when I will discover this:



We're going to have to think of a solution. Barbed wire is out. Other suggestions?

Don't ask Ella for help, she's really busy.



We do have some good news. We went to a party last night with LOTS of kids, LOTS of noise and LOTS of toys to fight over. And Gretchen didn't injure ANYONE! She played happily and was kind to all. Dare we even hope that her reign of terror is coming to an end? I'm afraid to even dream it, lest my hopes be dashed. Again. Maybe it was just the Terrible Ones? Maybe? Oh please let all the time-outs and, "We're gentle with our hands..." talks and be working.

3 comments:

BAK said...

A neighbor of mine (I can't even believe I'm going to say this) created a little crib cover for her son. It consisted of pvc pipes. Yeah, he's kind of disturbed. But it kept him in his crib for another 6 months

I don't think I would suggest this option! It kind of disturbs me.

The Christensen Family said...

No suggestions. Only shared grief. Olivia got into A&D ointment, Purel, toothpaste and laxatives in the same week when she was little. Needless to say she was rash free, germ free, constipation free and had a great smile to go with it.

Honeycombs said...

I know that we say, "you don't have to put others down to feel better about yourself" but I love seeing pictures of super messy rooms so I feel a little better about myself and my parenting.
Oh, and I think they really do make crib tents so the kids can't get out. My sister used one and it totally worked.