Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Moving Adventurous

I feel very loved lately. People keep calling to check up on me. You know, to see if I've gone crazy yet. It's very sweet. I've had SEVEN people offer to watch the girls when we move next week (which will be Friday, BTW. And I've taken 3 of them up on it. Volunteers will be doing shifts because I just can't bring myself to sic Gretchen onto any one family for a whole day...) So Friday we'll move into our new apartment home, and then Saturday we're loading up the Big Stott's stuff (we attempted to cut back on the chaos by doing it on different days).

This Is Me Looking On The Bright Side:
-I'll get to unpack our kitchen boxes after THREE YEARS of storage. I think I remember that we had lots of good stuff. I distinctly remember an awesome red Kitchenaide mixer.

-We don't have to worry about moving much heavy furniture because we don't have any couches! Booya!

-The new complex has a gym and FOUR POOLS. And anyone up for Tennis? (Too bad they don't have a badminton court. I'm a fierce Badminton Competitor.)

-It's only temporary, so if I decide I hate it, it'll be over soon. Say it with me now, "Colby graduates in two months. Colby graduates in two months. Colby graduates in two months." (Deep cleansing breath.) (Also, try to forget that we have no idea where we'll be going after graduation. Deeeeeeeeeeeeep cleansing breaths.)

-We'll get to think of fun new decorating ideas like this (because all our other decorations are staying in storage):


No news on the Great Missing Cat Debacle of 2010. I had a dream that Miss Jackson came home and I woke up with her curled around my feet. But that dream didn't come true. Sniff.

PATHETIC STORY OF THE WEEK: I wanted to make "Missing Cat" posters, but I couldn't find a picture of Miss Jackson on my computer. I know I have a lovely one in my photo album. I know exactly where the photo album is too. Packed up and under about 300 lbs of boxes. So instead of unpacking 1/2 my closet, I just stole one off the internet. This is not actually our cat:

But close enough. Posters have been distributed with a suitable stand-in.

Yesterday was Colby's birthday. We celebrated by going to see Sherlock Holmes at the $3 theater and then eating Persian food. Yum. We decided that when he gets a job, we're going to start having more fun. (Money can buy happiness, just FYI. At least some excellent dinner...)

Hope you have an excellent week! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

BAK said...

Are you surviving???? How did the move go?