Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grandma Leaving And Toothsome Adventures

Hello Friends!!!



I finally found my camera cord, so I can upload pictures again.

Boxes are fun!


Grandma left on Friday. It's official. Grandma and Grandpa don't live here anymore. This is how we feel about their absence:

(Except for that happy person on the end. That must be Gretchen thinking about candy. I think I'm the disembodied head. So overcome with emotion that I've lost my lower-half.)

We met Anita for lunch on Thursday before she left. There were lots of kisses and hugs.



And because we couldn't stand to let her go just yet, we met her at a friends and had pizza together. This friend got one of those new swim spas. I WANT I WANT I WANT. Seriously. It's at the top of my list. As soon as we get our own house, I'm getting one. Gretchen was SO into it. As you can see:







In other news....

Do you ever have those dreams where your teeth are falling out? I do. ALL. THE. TIME. It doesn't help that I've actually knocked my front teeth out before. And that the endodontist told me that, "It could easily happen again." So imagine my joy when Ella shows me her loose teeth. (Seriously, I may throw up. I get light-headed every time she wiggles them. And the dentist gave us a 2 week deadline to get them out ourselves. I'm supposed to TWIST THEM. Ugh. UGH! I can't handle that. COLBY HELP!!!!)



Gretchen is convinced that her teeth are loose too.

4 comments:

Honeycombs said...

I love that Ella is turning into a shark with her layering of teeth. I too hate loose teeth and have the dream about my teeth crumbling out. (I heard that dream means you are stressed)
I have pulled one of Miya's but only because Phil was traveling and it couldn't wait for him to get back.

Amy Sorensen said...

I have those tooth dreams too. A LOT! Apparently they come from your feelings of being controlled by someone or something. Special. ;)

I HATE pulling teeth, too. But what I hate even more is being the tooth fairy. I hate it because it is so easy to time it wrong, wake up the child instead of making the tooth/money exchange, and then all the other mythical beings are no longer believeable.

Sigh.

BAK said...

I'm so with you on the tooth dreams. I hate them and have them all the time.

Yeah, the tooth pulling thing sucks too.

I should seriously stop this comment because apparently nothing I write tonight can be positive!! It was fun to hear your voice yesterday. I'm really not a stalker; I had your number from your email. :)

julie! said...

holy crap Gretchen's poses are CLASSIC.
And don't worry, Ella's tooth will eventually just fall out. I have faith.
When I was little and had a loose tooth, my grams used to pull it out with DENTAL PLIERS. yeah, she totally had her own set that she used on the grandkids.
shudder...