Sunday, June 20, 2010

With Much Anticipation

This week will begin the CRAZY part of our summer. On Thursday we'll abandon our children for three days while we pretend to be pioneers. I am equal parts excited and ready for this to be over. (I made another skirt and apron this week & it is actually cute. Not cute enough to ever wear again, but cute enough to not feel like a complete idiot while wearing it... And I put pockets in my dress to hide my contraband. Kidding. Kind of.)

Two days after getting back from the trek we'll be driving to California where Poppa Randy and Nanna Joy will be taking us all sailing to Catalina Island! For four days! I am so excited and apprehensive about this. It was all my idea, and I'm sure Dad is wondering what possessed me to ask for this trip, what with my small and occasionally impossible children. Don't even ask me to start a list of the things that could go wrong (Dramamine has been purchased, new life jackets for the girls are forthcoming, how to survive shark attacks has been researched. Kidding. Kind of.) But I LOVE sailing with my Dad. (Really, I love hanging out with Dad. Sailing is just an added bonus.) And I love going on adventures. And this will definitely be an adventure. (Four adults, Ella and The Gretch in a 40 ft. sailboat for four days = Big Adventure. Note to self - stock up on bribery.) The girls are especially excited to use Poppa Randy's real binoculars and feed the fish (from the side of the boat. Not in the classic "Feed You To The Fishes" threat. Though we might resort to that threat if pushed hard enough.)

But till then, we're trying our hardest to just sit around and be lazy. I attempted to take pictures of the girls for a Father's Day gift. This one of Ella turned out kind of cute:



But this is the best one I got of Gretchen (the other ones were of her on the balcony doubled over in Full Tantrum Mode. She stopped her fit when I told her to stick out her tongue. I'm sure if you look close enough, you can see little sparkly tears in her eyes. OH THE DRAMA!)


But this one is my favorite. She definitely needs more weapons to play with, right?


Happy Fathers Day!!!!


xo

1 comment:

Meghan and Tyler said...

Have so much fun on Trek! I think you are becoming quite the sewer. You can make me clothes anytime...although I don't have the need for any pioneer clothing any time soon.

Also, can I just say that your sailing trip sounds like so much fun! That is what preppy people do. All you need now is a nanny. If I didn't have to nanny my own child I would totally volunteer to be your nanny just to go on vacation with you guys :)