Saturday, May 9, 2009

Utah/Birthday/Mothers Day

Hello Dear Family and Friends!!!

We missed posting last week cause we were driving our tired and cranky chillins back home from Utah, where we visited beautiful Logan to see my cousin get married. Beautiful town, beautiful church, beautiful bride & happy cute groom!

But before we start with those pictures, here's a little public service announcement. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR MARKERS UNATTENDED!



What? What?



Did I mention that we spent my birthday driving to Utah? Leaving at 4am? And Gretchen & Ella thought it was such an adventure that they decided not to sleep? Awesome. But Wonderful Pretty Nice Auntie Angel let me take a nap when we arrived in SLC & even watched the girls while I slept. So we didn't have any more red-pen-incidents.

My super awesome friend Janeece sent me a mysterious Birthday Package that she wouldn't let me open till my birthday. So I pulled it out whilst en route and found THIS! My own MINI POCKET EDWARD! In homage to our favorite Pocket Edward, I took some pics of him enjoying our trip. Of course you can't be in Utah without passing about 5 gagillion Wal*Marts. Look, he's totally pondering the homogonization of our society.



We BARELY MADE IT to the wedding (apparently it IS possible to get lost in the grid system that is Utah City Planning). But we're so glad we did. My cousin Khemmer seemed overwhelmed with happiness, and it was so sweet to see him so proud and in love. But apparently not sweet enought to ACTUALLY GET ANY PICTURES OF THE BRIDE OR GROOM! But I did get a picture of my Cousin Mark taking a picture of the cake-cutting!



Cousin Mark & Sharon's dogs were in the car, so we took a break from the wedding to meet them. And fall in love.



Colby wiping the Wedding Luncheon from Ella's face... Look at the expression on both their faces. Ha!



Cousins with Grandma. Woot!





Edward was glad the weather cooperated. Nothing like overcast skies to bring a smile to a felt-mini-vampire's face...


Here's Mini Pocket Edward on Shay's side of the bed...



...And Mini Pocket Edward with Shay's wife...



We were so sad we didn't get to see our Favorite Kate while we were in Utah. Apparently Family Reunions should not be left to the guys to plan. Next time I'm totally calling Meghan.

Colby obliged my request and we stopped at the Salt Flats on the way home. But remember the rain? Yeah, they were covered in about 6" of water. So we just stood next to them. And it was freakishly windy. Look at my brave girls...



Ella took this one. Good job babe!






Come wind or rain or watery salt flats or more pen markings on her leg, Gretchen will persevere!!!

Today (Saturday) Ella's preschool had a Mother's Day Brunch. It was a dress-up Brunch. And no siblings or Dads. Here we are before leaving.



And here's Gretchen left at home. That girl has some crazy hair.


Happy Mothers Day to all our peeps! And Grandmas! And Aunties! We love you all!!!

xo

2 comments:

luckyboy22 said...

Pocket Edward will die as he obviously has a death wish. Wait till he meets my pocket fist!

Honeycombs said...

Apryl, you look fantastic and I am excited the Pocket Edward enjoyed the trip to Utah as well.