Saturday, May 16, 2009

What? Where Are The Pictures?

Hello Dear Family & Friends! Guess where my camera is? On the kitchen counter. Guess what it's doing? Drying off. Because Gretchen threw it in the pool.

I hope it still works.



And what is this pool, you may ask? It's a plastic storage container filled with water. I've been cleaning out baby clothes (three big fat boxes shipped back to a friend, another two waiting to be delivered to my sister...) And I noticed on the plastic containers that they had a little sticker with a drowning warning on them. I thought, "Weird, why would you have water in these?" Then I thought, "Hey! That's a great idea! Then I don't have to blow up a stupid blow-up pool only to have it A) Make a huge dead circle in the grass, or B) Pop when we move it to the patio!" Plus it uses less water. And the girls love it. LOVE IT. They splash & play & pour out the water with their little watering cans. And yes, I know it's horrible. Like looking at the tag on the hairdryer and thinking, "Wow! I could get ready so much faster if I used this in the tub! I never thought of that!"



Don't worry, the girls aren't allowed to play out there without me. I know. And we only fill it up a few days a week. And after I found the poop in it last week, I scrubbed it out with Comet. I'm pretty sure it was dog poop. Also, kids are disgusting. Also, apparently I wasn't watching as closely as I should have been, being more worried about hearing drowning sounds while I read my book. Sigh.

Ok, now I'm getting paranoid & I'm going to go dump the water left over from our afternoon frivolities. That Warning Label is just so sad! I promise not to leave even a "small amount of liquid" in the bottom of our Ghetto Pool. I promise, Warning Label! I heed your Warning!

So what have you been up to?

2 comments:

Angel said...

You make me laugh!!!

BAK said...

I love that idea. It would also cut down on the ingesting of the water, which Ben does EVERY time, and gets the resultant diarrhea.

Your ghetto pool rocks. Seriously! Hope the camera dries out...