Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Frosting Incident and Other Stories



Hello dear Family & Friends! Last week was spent feeling mostly overwhelmed and with too much stuff to do. I may have been heard saying, "Dude, if anyone asks me to do ONE MORE THING, I'm going to loose it." And when I reached my limit & started saying, "Sorry, no," then I felt guilty. And then I overcompensated. Which explains how children ended up with frosting facials. I was making "Value Colored" cupcakes for a special meeting with the youth at church. I was also wondering if swearing under your breath while trying to be of service takes away blessings. Especially if the theme of the meeting is:"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest" (Joshua 1:9; italics added). Well, shoot.

But all my commitments are almost ALMOST finished, and then we can concentrate on the PARTY THIS WEEK! (Eight more people in this house? Really? And two of them are Gretchen & Matia? Should be an adventure...)

3 comments:

Meghan and Tyler said...

Oh dear....that is awesome. Did her skin look refreshed and sparkly afterwards? I am so excited to see all of you this weekend! I am pretty sure that the house is going to be CRAZY LOUD, and crazy fun. I am wondering how much hair Gretchen and Matia are going to loose this weekend. It should be awesome.

julie! said...

So for the record, we have now watched your frosting video 4 times (b/c John held still so I could trim his fingernails) and every time it stops, he yells "Gretchen again!" awesome. I love how Gretch just keeps plastering her face while you and Ella converse.

Lisa V. said...

It looks like all the "real" fun happens at your house. Most of our incidents happen with toothpaste or mud, frosting would be so much more delicious. Diego is going to watch the video over and over. Love your posts.