Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our Favorite Things

Hello Dear Family & Friends-

Our Thanksgiving was loud, fun, happy, crazy and loud.
Number of People Sleeping At The House: 14
People Eating Thanksgiving Dinner: 19
Chunks Of Matia's Hair Pulled Out By Gretchen: 3
Time Outs: 5,000
Trips To The Emergency Room: 1 (Baby had a UTI and 104.6 temperature. :( All better now...)
Heard During Ella's Prayer: "Thank you that our family can all leave now." (Not really. But maybe a little bit.)

Tis the Season for Oprah's list of favorite things. But since we don't leave the house (except to mess up other people's houses during playdates), I can't tell you what's in the stores. So our list of Favorite Things is completely random and mostly free.
Ella's Favorites
Favorite Song: Santa's Coming To Town. Because it's my favorite.
Favorite Color: All of them. Green is the best. Because it's my favorite.
Favorite Food: Strawberries. Because they taste good.
Favorite Thing To Do: Play Barbies with Mom. Cause it makes me happy.
Favorite Playdate: Going out to lunch. (But going out to lunch requires spending $ AND leaving the house. So that's an every-other-week kind of playdate...)
Favorite Youtube Video: HORRIBLE QUALITY! They still can't get enough...


Gretchen's Favorites:
Favorite Song: Popcorn Popping, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Jesus Wants Me for a SUNBEAM
Favorite Food: CANDY CANDY CANDY. Candy? Candy? CAAAAAAN-DEEEE! Candy? Candy? Candy? Candy? ........ Candy?
Favorite Thing To Do: Get into things. Assert herself agressively. Throw dramatic temper tantrums. Laugh. Copy Ella. Make Ella Crazy. Read stories. Say, "Momma!" over & over again. Crawl onto my laugh and jump on me. Dance. Laugh again. Make faces. Laugh. Repeat.
Favorite Thing To Wear: "Gabba Shirt!"

Apryl's Favorites:
Favorite Food: Candy. Sigh.
Old Favorite But Still Favorite Blog: Awkward Family Photos. The best kind of voyeurism.
Favorite New Website: imeem.com (Thanks Meghan!) You can listen to almost any music out there FOR FREE. It's even legal. Whole albums. That's right, you can hear the Jingle Cat's album for free. You're welcome. (Pandora kicked me off when I reached my 40 hour monthly limit. Apparently I listen to a lot of music.)
Favorite New Thing To Waste My Time Doing Online: Watch youtube videos of my favorite musicians. Clips from concerts, etc. It's almost like having a real life, except that you don't. Oh Andrew Bird, do you feel the special connection we share? So what if I'm married with two small children.... Watch what he does with the looping violin. I know. I KNOW!!!!


And I'm pretty much ready to move into an Artist Loft in the city now and learn to play the trumpet. Do you think they're zoned for good schools?:


So share with us now, what are YOUR new favorite things?

2 comments:

BAK said...

Hm, favorite things. My new favorite hot chocolate is this one that comes out at Christmas that you buy at Sam's. I have to limit myself to one cup. But it's so good.

My favorite items I just bought are some binding clips (like you use to put bindings on quilts) that look like barretts. But they work way better than my fingers (proof is in the horrible binding I put on a blanket yesterday. It looked gross. Blech. But I didn't have the energy to fix it.) Oh, and some quilting adhesive spray so that if I quilt in the future, I won't have to pin or curse at my puckers. In theory, at least.

I love your favorite things.

Honeycombs said...

Well my new favorite thing is Andrew Bird. Nice video.