Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fun Facts

Fun Fact #1:

We don't cry in kindergarten. Since they've finished their end-of-year testing, Ella's kindergarten class has been winding down. They've been "practicing" having recess every day. It's supposed to help them get ready for the experience they'll have next year when they're in school for 6 hours. And yeah, practice has been going pretty well. I think they have it down.

Sometime last week Ella tripped and fell in the "protective" wood chips. She showed me the cuts in her hand and then told me, "I didn't cry, even though it hurt really bad. We don't cry in kindergarten."

Fun Fact #2:

Ella will now be known as "April the Second". She told me that when she was a baby, she wanted me to name her April. Apparently I got it wrong. I told her we can call her that from now on.

Fun Fact #3:

When you cut out a pattern, you should make sure you really make sure you CUT THE RIGHT SIZE. Yeah. And the size you buy your pants at Target is NOT the size you cut out for a pattern. Remember that "Pioneer Dress" I've been working on? Apparently I cut it out 3 sizes too small. I think we can salvage it though. I've got some help. I'll keep you posted. I have other fabric to make an elastic waist skirt, so I may just be sporting that on our hike. We'll see.

Other Facts:
-The pool opened at our apartment, so you're all invited to come swimming with us.
-Ella has her kindergarten graduation this week (sniff), so next week's news should be full of overly-sentimental musings from an emotional mom.
-I spoke in church today. I HATE SPEAKING IN PUBLIC. But it went ok. Mostly just glad it's over.
-We're looking forward to our trip to CA for 4th of July. YAY!!!!

So what's up with you? Have any fun facts to share?

3 comments:

BAK said...

I can't believe Ella is almost done with Kindergarten. I swear, they go to kindergarten for one day and the next they are in 3rd grade. Or it's almost that fast.

I'll be over to play in the pool tomorrow, okay? And I'm very sorry about your pattern. Who would have ever knew?

Amy Sorensen said...

Here's my fun fact:

I decided that I am NOT going to make bloomers for the trek. Instead I bought some running capris. Toss a little bit of a elastic around the let and voila: "bloomers" that won't rub against the cotton of the skirt and make me INSANE. Also, I finally figured out the bonnet. The bonnets are made! wheeeeeee! ;)

And, if it makes you feel any better...my oldest finished junior high last week. SNIFF. It goes to damn fast.

Honeycombs said...

Well remember how I was bragging about loving my calling of teaching one Sunday a month in RS. Well I know better than that...I got called to be the 1st Cs. in RS.
Can't wait to see pictures of this dress.