Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Amazing Haircut

Ok, SO SORRY that I neglected to post this on Tuesday. I'll give you my glorious list of excuses in a few inches. But for now, HERE YOU GO!!!

Here's us at the salon. Yes, the whole family came. And it may be the most thoroughly documented haircut the Stotts will ever see. Ella needs a room full of mirrors. She was making faces at herself THE. WHOLE. TIME. It was awesome.



Look at that long, beautiful hair. So long. Sniff. So beautiful. Sniff. Ella contemplating what's about to happen.





Ella told me later, "When she first cut my hair, I was a little sad inside. I still wanted to cut it though." (So mature, my little princess. Colby says that I'm projecting my feelings onto Ella. Which is probably true. But I can't help it.) Look at the expression on her face!



Thanks for a great first haircut!!!!




So here's what else went on this week, just in case you thought I was slacking off.

-Flew to Las Vegas for my friend's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!) Her husband surprised her by flying me out. She was a little TOO surprised. She thought it was an intervention or something. It wasn't. It was just a birthday. Hilarity ensued.

-Took a 7am flight back to Reno. Got home at 8:30. Spent Quality Time with the girls. Took a nap. Cleaned out the car. Packed. Drove to Girls Camp with Ella. Got lost. Found it.

-Spent the night in the car (I was too tired to deal with a tent. I was also too tired to not sleep well. I woke up in the morning & thought, "Whoa, that went WAY better than I was expecting.)

-Helped clean up the camp, load up the car, and drove home. On the way home, realized we were late to our good friend's birthday party. Quickly we ran home, got the present and showed up in all our non-showered camping glory to the birthday party.

-Came home and slept.

Phew. I'm still tired.

This week, we're starting our Ridiculously Long Trip, which will start out with a visit to see Grandma & Grandpa's new house (YAY!), and end with a trip across the country. Wish us luck. Seriously.

(Ella at Girls Camp. They all thought she was cute. She thought it was awesome.)


4 comments:

BAK said...

Ella looks beautiful with her new haircut. You were so brave. I can totally relate to this today...instead of a haircut, Ben insisted we shave his head on Friday night...it kills me to cut that kids hair off. And he's a boy. Sigh.

Meghan and Tyler said...

Yay, Ella. Your hair looks great, and you were able to cut it for such a good cause. You are beautiful! Apryl, you have had a crazy week! Hopefully we can see you guys when you are down. You better call us. Love you!!

Honeycombs said...

When we cut Lyla's hair we thought we had to have 10 inches so we tossed it because we only had 8. I am now loving the short hair and less tears as we brush it. Ella looks fantastic.

The Christensen Family said...

You should have told me you were cutting it. We would have all been there too! That is a big event. Ella looks fabulous. Have fun on your expedition!