Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wonderful Regular Old Boring

I didn't take any pictures this week. That is so unlike me! I'm sure we'll make up for it next weekend when we go on an adventure with Lismarie and family! Woooot!!! (Lismarie and I tried to coordinate a spring-break vacation, but our kids spring breaks were in totally different months. And no where near Easter. So instead we're ditching our lives for a few days and driving to someplace warm. It will be fabulous.)

There's a dangerous new store in the mall. And since the mall is a quick walk across the street, we go there a lot. They sell...

PUPPIES!!!!

I know, I know, it's horrible every way. Who knows what kind of breeder they came from, they're stuck in little cages all day, and there are so many dogs in shelters that need homes (plus they're all "purebred". I like muts. Purebreds are always so high strung and inbred. But wiener dogs are awesome. And puggles. And boxers. And Siberian Huskies. And I want to take them all home, even though the store smells like dog pee. A lot. Shoot, puppies have some sort of strange magical cuteness to make me overlook that smell.) The girls and I want a dog. But we're not going to get one till we have a house. Cause bringing a dog into this tiny apartment would just be mean.

An amazing thing happened this week, I finished the last work project on my list of projects. I sat down at my desk to ponder the rest of the week. It's been so long since I've had a free day to work on whatever whim wandered into my mind. Oh the possibilities! I could work on the fairy tale I started a year ago. I could work on the music theory board book Aunt Ne & I are putting together. I could map out a craft book idea that's been bouncing around in my head for the past 3 years. I decided to quickly check my email. My free time lasted LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES. I'd finally heard back on the set of sketches I was waiting for & now before we leave town I'll be finishing the 59-spot illustration job! But after Friday, I really SHOULD be done with my projects again. Till the next one. (Not that I'm complaining, I'm grateful for the work. Especially jobs like this with a big fat paycheck at the end. Oh how I love getting paid!)

So what have you been up to? Do share!!!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Paycheck are good - puppies, not so...


What I'm up to:
Just finished a score to a Mormon youth video.
Orchestrating for an album of broadway music.
Choir arrangement for Easter.
Wondering why on earth I didn't do something more lucrative so I could have free time to do what I actually WANT to do. It takes SO MUCH TIME to be creative - they don't tell you that in school (at least not music school).

BAK said...

Wow, you are swimming in work, girl. That is awesome!

Hope your days in the warm are fun!!