Sunday, October 30, 2011

In the spirit of the season...

I love Halloween. Seriously love it. Gretchen is right there with me (she says she likes "scary things". You know, unless they're too scary.) And like every year, we've not got a ridiculously thorough collection of pumpkins and have been to the pumpkin patch more than our fair share. So for our Family Night last Monday we went again.

Gretchen amidst the pumpkins.





While we were at the 'patch, we saw some friends and I had them take a picture of me & Colby. I think, not counting our wedding pictures, we now have about five pictures of just the two of us...






We love visiting the piggies. But we knew better than to attempt the corn maze.


Want to know what's awesome about Reno? I mean besides the fact that we can go almost anywhere in town and see friends there (Home Depot, Target, Pumpkin Patch, etc.) NEVADA DAY!!!! Nevada Day is when we celebrate the awesomeness that is our state (Remember, only in Nevada can you do your grocery shopping AND your gambling in one location!) and we celebrate Nevada Day by closing the schools and work. If you're lucky, your friends will have a birthday party and you'll get to go bowling for the first time. And if you're really lucky, they'll have toddle sized bowling shoes. OMG TODDLER SIZED BOWLING SHOES! SWOON!!!






Since we're hopefully closing on the new house in 3 weeks, I'm trying to get a jump on everything Christmas. So this afternoon we had our annual Christmas Ornament Photo Shoot. It started off with a bang.

EVIL EYE. Big sisters. Humph.

But, like all our photo shoots, if you take enough pictures, maybe ONE will turn out great. I think this one's it:

I'll photoshop out the background so you can't tell it was taken in front of our tv "backdrop". (Last year I had to explain to my friends at the Costco Photo Center that I didn't have a photo release for the portraits because they were TAKEN IN FRONT OF THE TV. They didn't believe me.)

Ok, I know this is a long post this week, but I'm almost done. 2 thing to tell you:

1. We won the class pumpkin contest! R2D2 beat out the impressive Angry Birds display (which really, I feel a little bit guilty about. I secretly think theirs was better... But theirs didn't have the sound effects...)

2. We helped clean the church yesterday morning. Gretchen & Ella were with a lovely older child who was helping them clean all the chalkboards. They finished that & then played in the nursery. Just as I finished up the bathroom, I found a surprise. The shredded paper had been emptied from the church clerk's office, and it filled a whole garbage can. Gretchen discovered it first and decided to "decorate for a party". There was shredded paper DOWN THE WHOLE HALLWAY. And a giant pile in the nursery. Where she'd dumped it and then thrown handfuls in the air. And danced in it. It was everywhere, even her hair. But luckily it vacuumed up pretty quick (Though there were some tears. She didn't understand why we couldn't just leave her party decorations there....)

Have a wonderful Halloween!!!
And we love you Grandpa Conrad! Ella's been carrying around the little teddy bear he gave her since Friday.

No comments: