Sunday, October 23, 2011

Whoa.

Sooner than any of us expected, sooner than I thought possible, so soon that I'm freaking out. FREAKING. OUT....we will be moving from this view.....


(don't be jealous... graffiti compliments of the Window Crayons I got on sale at Target)


....to this view:



Yes my friends, that there is our own backyard. Our own swath of grass, watered with our own set of real sprinklers. Welcome to what hopefully will be our new home in approx. 4 weeks. Unless I freak out about it again and Colby calls the whole thing off.

(Mom, you may not want to look at these pictures. It might just stress you out. We'll just show you all the "after" ones....)

As you walk in the front door, you'll see the beautiful foyer.
THINGS THAT WILL STAY: Awesome light fixture. Awesome tile. Awesome door.
THINGS THAT WILL CHANGE: Fort Knox style iron work over all doors and windows, green carpet, amber glass in door. (Hey Angela & Amber, want to help me replace that glass with something lovely? Any ideas?)


Here's the first room we'll welcome you in to. Take a seat in our BRAND NEW LIVING ROOM!!!
THINGS THAT WILL STAY: Fabulous speakers (to compliment our ridiculously huge tv, white walls
THINGS THAT WILL GO: Wood paneling (it's kind of thin and cheap, otherwise I would totally keep it), carpet (wood floors under there, people!!!) and possibly the white fireplace color. Any ideas? Any suggestions?


Come in! Come in! Here's another view of the living room.
(I'm seriously considering keeping the window treatment. Cause that is fantastic.)



Wait, does your dining room have a WINDOW SEAT???? Yes, yes it does.


Here's the girls room. I love the wallpaper, but I think we're going to repaint. I'll keep the cute shutter window covering, but take out the other one. I really like that light fixture. I think I'll keep it too. The floors will hopefully be restored to the hardwood that lies in wait under the carpet. (Ella is fighting to keep the teal carpet. Anyone on her side?)


And her is (dum Dum DUM) MY OFFICE!!!! For the first time EVER EVER EVER I will have my own space to work in! No more bedroom/livingroom/office for me! Woo hoo!!!! And yes, I WILL be keeping that flocked wallpaper, decorative eagle over the closet and the shelves thankyouverymuch. I'm afraid the amber window covering is falling apart, so it will have to go. (sniff). Carpet will also be removed to make way for wood floors here too.


Here's the kitchen.... Can you guess what year it was remodeled? Go ahead, guess...


And here's the piece de resistance.... OUR ONLY SLIGHTLY CREEPY BASEMENT!!!! It doesn't have any windows, but who needs windows when you have a FULL SIZE FIREPLACE!!!! At the brilliant suggestion of Angela & Lismarie, I think we're going to install a sola tube through the kitchen down to the basement to get some natural light in the space. Off the basement is an additional storage room. That's where YOU'LL be sleeping when you come visit. You're welcome. Perfect for all your makeout-party needs (right Adrianne?)



So yeah. Freak out, so excited, cutest house on cutest street, in such good condition, adorable and wonderful, loveitloveitloveit, wait, what are we doing? This is all happening so fast! AHHHHHHHH. (And repeat.)

Ok, now we're going to stop that fun little thought train and show you these OMG SO CUTE cakes that we made for the Harvest Fest Cake Walk. Fabulous Julie gave me a huge bag of leftover supplies to decorate them with. SO FUN, right? (That's a spider, by the way. What, you can't tell?)



We also carved an R2D2 pumkin with Ella's class. You can't tell in this picture, but it has lights in it and a Star Wars soundtrack playing behind it.



The Harvest Fest was SO FUN. There were lamas, people. LAMAS.


It was very exciting.

That's what we're up to. (insert another random freakout here.) What are your plans for the week?

2 comments:

BAK said...

I love love love your house. That is so exciting! Congratulations. So happy for you!

julie! said...

holy crap I LOOOOOVE your house! YOUR HOME!!! This is so exciting Apryl!