Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mostly Fantastic February

 We'll start with something ridiculously cute.  BABY VERONICA!?!?!  Are you KIDDING ME?  I want to squish your and kiss your fat baby legs!!!!  But I also don't want to terrify you, so I should probably take it down a notch...  I'll settle for giving you rasperries on your fat baby tummy.  Swoon!!!


Last month our dear (and not seen nearly enough) friends asked if we wanted to join them at the mall to see N get her ear's pierced.  Awww yeah we do!  Well, we did.  Then we got to Claire's.  Claire's is THE accessory store.  The girls were in HEAVEN.  No, seriously guys, there was "1 Direction" EVERYTHING.  And fingerless gloves.  And Hello Kitty KISS keychains.  For reals.  The girls went so nuts looking at eeeeevvvvverything in the store, they totally missed N's piercing.  But I watched.  Afterwards, because N's mom is SUPER DUPER NICE, she let the girls each pick out something ridiculous and awesome from the store.  Ella picked out these fabulous fingerless frog gloves (on sale for ONE DOLLAR!  Which makes them even cuter, right?)
 And Gretchen, after about 30 minutes of debating and then about 5 if-you-don't-pick-something-RIGHT-NOW-AND-I-MEAN-IT-we-will-leave-with-NOTHING!!!! threats, she settled on a set of fake nails.  Which she promptly forgot about.  Until, strangely enough, literally 30 seconds ago when she asked if she could wear them today (yes, after your bath).

Speaking of baths, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do this in your jet tubs.  But dang, it's fun.  We like our bubbles to be excessive.  These ones got about 18" over the top of the tub.  We've got glass doors to hold all the bubble goodness in.  WOO HOO!!! 
 So a few weeks later, Ella finally decided that she was ready to put unnecessary holes in her ears.  I called to make an appointment at The Black Hole piercing parlor.  Because there was no "1 Direction" paraphernalia to distract her from what was going on.  And man, these people were professional.  And they didn't mess around with guns, oh no.  Bless you child, they used gigantic curved needles.  (Excuse me while my stomach drops again just thinking of it).  But they were FAST and GOOD.  It was over in less than 2 seconds!  And they sent us home with some lovely salts to make saline washes.  Just microwave a cup of sterile water till hot and stir in the salt.  Then hold it on your piercings for 10 minutes each.  Twice a day.  (Um, excuse me?  That'd be 40 minutes a day spent on piercing care because my child cannot handle doing both ears at once.  FOR SIX MONTHS.  Don't tell the nice people at The Black Hole, but I went to Sally's the next week & got her some cleaning solution.)

Colby & I had our 13th anniversary.  We planned a last minute night away at The Grand Sierra & Amber was nice enough to watch the girls for us.  THANK YOU AMBER.  It was awesome for a number of reasons.  We went out to dinner.  We went to the in-hotel movie theatre at 10pm!  (Dude, the movie didn't get out till after midnight!  I know!)  We had a breakfast buffet! (For the record, I hate buffets.  But this one was very nice & I did it because I love Colby).  But the BEST PART was that for our annivarsary, Marilyn Manson came to give a concert!!!  Also, it was Chinese New Year!!  Also, there was LINE DANCING!!!  Did you get all that?  In one hotel there were Marilyn Manson fans, Chinese New Year celebrants and Line Dancing.  It pretty much made my year.  I don't know that we'll ever be able to top that awesomeness.  Also, I freaking love Reno.

Ok, I'm going to make sure the girls have cleaned up their morning crafts before we move on to our mid-morning craft.  Followed by our Sacrament Meeting crafts.  Followed by movie night.  XOXO

No comments: