Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pre Spring Breakin'

We had the most fantastic thing happen over Spring Break.  LISMARIE AND FAMILY CAME TO VISIT!!!  We love love LOVE when people come to visit, especially Lismarie.  They stayed at a hotel literally 5 minutes from our house, so we got to go swim with them too!  Woo hoo!!!


Not just swimming in the tub you guys, swimming in a REAL pool too. (Though Lismarie & I were super excited that we got to re-create the infamous BYU Freshman Year Vegas Tub Incident with the next generation. Stupid 90's Circus Circus hot tub hours + Stupid 19 year olds = hilarity.  Still waiting for photographic evidence to show up on Facebook.)

How much fun can you squeeze into 2 days?  Oh, let me tell you.  SERIOUS FUN.  It wasn't actually our Spring Break, so I let Ella pick a day to stay home from school.  She opted for Monday, which was Virginia City Day.  The gigantic old-timey candy shop may have been the deciding factor.

We spent many minutes trying to talk GG into getting a bubblegum cigar.  Because this picture NEEDED to happen.
The Virginia City graveyard!  Pretty AND creepy!  My favorite combination!

The churches are almost as plentiful as the bars & whorehouses!
The next day Lismarie & I popped some tags at Savers.  OMG you guys, I spent $56 at Savers.  Do you know how much awesome junk you can get at a thrift store for $56?  Let me tell you:
-2 fabulous t-shirts
-1 super lovely black top that I'm wearing RIGHT NOW and will wear to church today
-2 AMAZING (no seriously!  AMAZING) sweaters.  One bright red vintage one with big white buttons, one grey angora.  Both FABULOUS
-COWBOY BOOTS!!!  My 4 year search for cowboy boots is over!!!
-A blue tin for storing treasures (immediately confiscated by Ella.  Followed by Gretchen's displeasure.)
-2 crystal lamps (which made the Macklemore Video Extra we ran into on our way out SUPER jealous).  They'll look amazing flanking our fireplace.

Lismarie & I have some serious Thrift Store luck when we're together.  

To follow up that shopping high we stopped by the pawn shop where Colby & I found my beloved wedding ring.  (I love my wedding ring.  It's the most perfect ring in the world.)  Lismarie was specifically looking for turquoise jewelry, but alas, we didn't have $400 to spend on a cuff bracelet.  But she DID find a new wedding ring for herself!!!  FOR $200!!!!  We're now wedding ring twins!!!  Of course they're not the same ring, but her's is really really lovely.  She & Mike had talked about replacing their wedding rings.  Little did they know they'd be able to do it for that cheap!  Dude!  HOORAY FOR RENO PAWN SHOPS!!!

And then, like the day couldn't get any better, we drove up to Lake Tahoe.  It was heavenly.  The kids climbed on the rocks and played on the beach.  And then we got T's Rotisserie, the best food in Tahoe.  OMG SIGH.  Awesome.


 


I was so sad when they left on Wednesday morning.  I almost cried, but I pulled it together.  Sniff.  Then I got to go make lunch for 40 missionaries for a zone conference.  With a super tired Gretchen in tow.  Hooray.  (Note sarcasm).

SO YOU SHOULD ALL COME VISIT.  We'll make it worth your while.  ;)

No comments: