Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sprouts


 My goodness, the weather here has been FABULOUS.  Yesterday it was 88°!!!  It's so nice that every time I see gardening seeds on sale, I have to buy them.  I'm pretty sure we've got about $20 worth of seeds hanging out in various stashes throughout the house.  But guess what, SOME OF THEM HAVE SPROUTED!!!  I am easily impressed, I know, but MAN that's cool!  We're going to have cosmos all over our front beds.  I think cosmos are my most favorite summertime flower.  Even the foliage is light and pretty.  But we'll see what happens with our white pumpkins, 3 types of sunflowers, pickling cucumbers, yellow and red tomatos.  And dill.  And rosemary.  And lavender...  And spinach.  Oh yeah, and carrots...  Ok, maybe we have $30 in seeds...

My friends, our house STINKS right now.  I don't know what it is, but I just wanted to let you know.  Lest you read our little family blog and think everything is wonderful in our lives.....  I think it's a combination of GG's new mattress (which we did air out, according to their instructions) and our stinky dog and maybe the skinky kitchen trash.  I can do something about the trash.  But instead I'm sitting here.

On Wednesday we met a friend at Legends, the outdoor mall down the road.  The have a cool rock water feature that I'm pretty sure is not supposed to be a splash park, but that's what we made it into. Because we're resourceful and we like to walk the line.  On our way there, we were talking about the baby we were going to meet up with, and how we just need to give him space because we don't want to give him any germs.  (She was healthy, just as a precaution). 
She said, "Is he a cute baby?  I love babies.  I love ALL babies.  Except for the ugly ones who cry and have snot." 
I think 70% of airplane passengers would agree with you on that one.  (Public Service Announcement:  BE NICE TO MOTHERS OF CRYING BABIES!!!  Airplanes are PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!  If you cannot handle crying babies, MAKE PREPARATIONS.  Seriously, there's a huge chance that a baby will be crying on your flight.  NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES.  Invest in some.  And realize the world does not revolve around you.  The end.)
 Red Bighorn sculptures.  I want to touch them too, but I'm not five, so I don't think Security would be as forgiving.
 Adrianne send me the picture of the saddest baby in the world.  BABY VERONICA, it's like you know that you're going to get shots in 8.3 minutes!  How did you know?
 And we are all SUPER DUPER excited about Auntie Autumn's new book!  SUPER DUPER DUPER EXCITED.  Just in case you can't tell, it's about girls who fight with swords.  But we can't decide which pose we like the best!  What's your vote? (And before you judge my design skillz too harshly, this is just the rough layout.  I know, I know...)
#1 - HeYAAAAH Pose

#2 - Oh No You Didn't Pose

#3 - In Yo FACE Pose

#4 - Low Down Fighting Ladies Pose

#5 - My Sword Is Bigger Than Your Sword Pose
We anxiously await your opinion!

No comments: