Sunday, April 21, 2013

And More Spring Breakin'

HEY GUYS!!!  I had to break this post up into deux so that I could keep your attention.  ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?  Good.

I know you're super most favorite thing in the world is to look at what my kids draw.  So here's some more for you!  You're welcome!  The top is Ella.  She said she stylized it on purpose.  I think that's a flying narwhal in the sky.


And here's Gretchen's.  I'm guessing Ella helped fill in the names.  GG sure loves her friends.  Awww, for cute.  This is how we stay busy during General Conference.

And this is how Baby Veronica grows up and makes us laugh and cringe at the same time!  SO CUTE!  AND GROSS!!!


Oh Baby Veronica, we can't believe you're 6 months old!  And french kissing dogs!  Awwww!!!!

My friend Katherine had the sweetest idea for her anniversary.  They had a family picnic at the park to celebrate their family.  Awwwww!  Here we are celebrating that and Subway Sandwiches (mmmmm, sandwiches...)  Ella, you're so pretty!


 The Girl Scouts went to the state capitol on Wednesday.  I love Sweet Home Nevada.  Seriously.  Only in Nevada will the State Treasurer stop what she's doing to talk to 7 girls about their plans for the future and saving for college.  She invited us all into her office and one by one and asked what they wanted to be when they grow up (Ella wants to be an Illustrator, GG wants to be a babysitter ;)

A super nice law clerk took us around the State Supreme Court and explained some stuff that mostly went over all our heads.

 We learned about the history of the capitol building.  That desk belonged to a governor!  That giant press on the left was for putting seals on official documents!  (We didn't get a governor with a college degree for a while.  And he wasn't even from the US, he was an immigrant from...Prussia?  Poland?  I don't know.  Wikipedia it.  The point is, that's crazy. Geesh.)



Good times.

To round out Spring Break, I found an awesome deal on expedia & we booked a room at the Peppermill Resort for a night!  Woo hoo!!!  And even better, we had some friends join us for our stay-cation.  We spent all night and all day swimming at the fabulous pool.  I want to go there EVERY MONTH!  It's cheaper than swim lessons, and Gretchen figured out how to doggy-paddle in just a few hours.

But things aren't all rosy and wonderful, we can't get Gretchen to stop picking her nose and eating it.  Even when we cry out with gross-ness, it does no good.  Last week, Ella asked, "WHY?  WHY DO YOU PICK YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR FINGERS AND EAT IT?"  And Gretchen replied, as if it's so obvious, "Because!  My tongue can't reach!"

BLECH.

Kids are funny, but man, they're super gross.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I am dealing with the nose picking problem too. She doesn't eat boogers, she just dips and licks the snot. I'm not sure it's better, but whatever. One day I had her blow her nose, and then I showed her the tissue and said, "Do you want to eat this?" She said, "No, that's gross!" and I said, "This is what you eat every time you put your finger in your nose and lick it. Whaddayaknow... she stopped for TWO WHOLE DAYS!