Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be Mine

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!
We hope your day so far has been full of flowers and chocolates and absolutely no sugar-low-induced temper tantrums. And if you live more than 10 miles from us, just pretend I was on-the-ball enough to send you a real Valentine Greeting in the mail...

And if I'd actually been organized to mail you a valentine, THIS is what it would have looked like (instead she just handed them out to her classmates & friends):


(Why yes, that IS Ella riding a trademarked pony over a field of green grass surrounded by flying blue peeps....)

And here's Gretchen's (CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD ALERT!!!)
(I AM BIASED):



On Monday night, Ella's class had the CUTEST VALENTINES PROGRAM EVER. It was a special romantic dinner just for the parents. The kids brought us all a menu & then fetched our food for us. We got to choose between cheese or pepperoni pizza, and what type of soda we wanted. LUCKY! (To be said in Napoleon Dynamite whine.) I know.



Then they got their own pizza.



Then they played games while they waited for everyone to finish.



Then they put on a program & sang songs and recited a poem. SO CUTE.



Then on Friday they had a class party. Here's Ella taking her turn as "Valentine Mail-Girl". (See the visor? It's an official Valentine Mail Delivery Person visor.)



I was so impressed with the haul of Valentine Treats Ella brought home with her. Two boxes of chocolates, pencils, stickers & a plethora of other goodness. One kid brought roses for EVERY GIRL IN THE CLASS. A little girl looked at me and said, "He's my most favorite boy in the whole school." Yeah. He might be mine too.



And here's Gretchen's favorite tattoo EVER. (The one I was telling you about last week. SCARY BABY!)



This week was crazy busy. I finished my book proposal yesterday (going on the mail on TUESDAY. Because tomorrow is a HOLIDAY! Woot!) I made invitations for the PTA fundraiser. We volunteered for a study about addiction (as the "Non Addicted" participants. I didn't tell them about my sugar habit, my book habit, or my Thursday NBC Lineup habit...) AND we finished a service project with my mom's group. PHEW. AND I changed the sheets on the beds. I know. Pretty much amazing. Now I'm going to go read my BFF Janeece's favorite book & write all over the pages. LUCKY!

I know.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LOVES TO YOU!!!!
xoxo

3 comments:

julie! said...

Yeah, Gretch is pretty stinkin' cute. And that tattoo? totally scary.
And what's this book talk? Do you have a signed book DEAL???????!

peata said...

sweet
scrapbook-crazy.com

Honeycombs said...

Loved the sweet wink on the V card. What lucky girls to have such a talented mother. Sounds like Ella got more for Valentine's than I did.