Sunday, February 28, 2010

The ER In Reno Is Nothing Like The One On TV

Just had to share...

Guess where we just were. THE ER. Guess why. Because Gretchen did a face plant into a speaker box. But 3 hours, 4 stitches in her forehead, and ONE HUGE BANDAID later, we're all recovered. (It was totally gruesome. Her forehead was cut all the way to the bone. I almost threw up. Colby almost fainted. The Nurse Practitioner kept asking him if he was OK. He was Edward-White, but without the sparkles.) Gretchen was a total trooper. She was thrilled about the huge bandaide. She'll have a scar (sniff!), but nothing can keep The Gretch down. She'll just look even tougher now.

The end.

4 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

Apryl! I'm sorry! Was that your first stitches experience? It gets easier...my Nathan did that once, too: cut all the way to the skull. The great thing about scars, though, is that they always have a story to tell! ;) Hope she recuperates well. And, here's a hint from me, whose kids get stitches more often than dogs get fleas: if you can find some Miracel, it works like magic on new scars!

BAK said...

I am so sorry. I hope that you all recover. Poor little Gretchen! It sounds like she was a trooper, though. I can't believe how tough kids are!

Meghan and Tyler said...

Oh dear Apryl! That is awful. I am glad that you are all doing well now. The Gretch is one tuff cookie.

Honeycombs said...

Laughing a little at Colby having to get asked if he was okay. Miya split her ear in two when she was 1 1/2 and kept pulling on the bottom half of the ear. I had to put a band-aid on and stick it to her head because it was nasty and I thought i might throw-up. Totally brave! So tell more about the move. Are you staying in Reno?