Sunday, February 28, 2010

ChChChChanges

Remember all that snow from last week? We barely do. There was still plenty around on Monday to call off school & make these beeeeaaauuutiful Snow Sculptures. And I was proud of my snow-sculpture building skillz, I actually rolled a ball of snow around to make a BIG GIANT BALL OF SNOW like they did on Charlie Brown (I get 75% of my life skills from TV, just so you know...) (Usually I just pat handfuls of snow together and it takes FOR. EVER. Charlie Brown totally knew what he was doing.) (Dude, I grew up in SoCal. I'd never even SEEN snow till I was 12.) Our initial plan was to make a Snow Unicorn, but then we got a little carried away with the icicles, and our artistic journey brought us to this:



Porcupine Bear and Alien (as named by Ella)


Then the sun came out and melted all the snow. (Really it was the perfect snowstorm. Super pretty snow-dump one day, melted within three.)

I had two Craft Commitments this week to work on. Yesterday Gretchen helped me prepare a craft for my Mom's group. She's suuuuuuuuuper helpful. She can come over to help at your house anytime you want.



The other craft was this:


We're selling prints of this pastel I made of the Reno Temple for our YW Camp Fundraiser. Hopefully it doesn't look like the Haunted Temple anymore (I did it on gray toned paper - the color of the street - and before I put blossoms on the tree branches it looked a little...bleak...). Anyway, I got prints of this made up and a display put together for the church foyer.

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS.
Grandpa Dennis got a job. HOOORAY. That is super fabulous and exciting. He's been stressed about it, and we've been stressed for him. We're all so happy.

But the job is in Utah.

Not Reno.

And they're selling their house.

The house that we've been selfishly squatting in for 2.75 years.

So we have some decisions to make. We want to move out fairly soon so that it's easier for them to sell the house (paint, open up the rooms, not look like two families are co-habituating, etc.) We're *thinking* that maybe we might buy a condo. There are lots of scenarios running around in our heads right now, we're going to decide for sure today what we want to do. WISH US LUCK. But either way, we'll be renting our buying our very own home in the next few months. OMGosh.

(Ella can't even comprehend what it will mean for us to NOT LIVE WITH GRANDMA AND GRANDPA. It's overwhelming. How can we not live with them? How will they survive without small children throwing screaming fits to welcome them home at the end of the day? Or invade their personal space by wiggling bony little bottoms into their laps at the most inopportune times? Or knock on their door at 7am on Saturday and ask for breakfast because mom & dad aren't waking up? Or emit ear-piercing screams every Sunday morning at bath time when they get their hair washed for church???? I know!)

Krista came over to help deconstruct the guest room bed yesterday. But first she constructed Gretchen's hair.


Oh Krista, you're HILARIOUS!


But maybe not quite as hilarious as the Day After hair Gretchen is sportin' now. I'm tempted to leave it like this for church. Maybe not.


AND MORE GOOD NEWS!

The "Scary Body" in the closet? I found out where Gretchen got that idea. From Monsters Inc. THANKS PIXAR!!!! (I'm slightly relieved. That was totally creeping me out. Scary bodies? Seriously, two year old? Scary bodies? Monsters I can handle.... But scary bodies? Ugh.)

No comments: